A few years ago my wife and I started a Passover tradition of gathering discussion questions from the folks at the seder we host in our home. Over the course of the seder we pull out some of the questions to enrich our seder discussion. Fortunately I’ve managed to hang onto the questions and are typing them up retrospectively.
The only guideline for generating questions is that they can be silly or serious, Jewishly themed or inspired by current events– essentially, there are no guidelines.
- Who makes the decisions/changes to Reform Judaism?
- Thoughts on Obamacare?
- What is the effectiveness of the stock market? Can we really rely on the Dow to determine our economic state?
- What is the best foreign experience you ever had?
- With gay marriage being discussed in the supreme court, does the Jewish religion mention anything about this subject?
- How do you think we should view/interpret traditional/governing documents (religious/ Constitution etc) as society evolves?
- Did anyone here go to Florida Gulf Coast University? If not, why not??
- What is the deal with Elijah?
- Who do you think will be a presidential candidate in 2016?
- By the time Hadara (our 2 year old daughter) is old enough to vote will there be a female president? If so, who?
- If you could theme a seder any way, what would it be?
- In Jerusalem, “the Western Wall” was a retaining wall of the 2nd Temple. Was the 2nd Temple built on top of the 1st or was it down towards the city of David?
- Is the best way to discipline children with physical punishment or non-physical, or even psychological?
- How can you be pro-freedom and anti- gay marriage?
- Do you think the Supreme Court will rule in favor of gay marriage?
Passover questions 2013